Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Optimize your AdWords account with these hidden gems
Aug 7, 2017 by Pauline Jakober
Scanning your SEM accounts for ways to improve? Columnist Pauline Jakober believes that the slower summer months are the perfect time to work on optimizations you might not normally have time for.
- Twitter SEO: Ninja tricks for reputation repair
Aug 7, 2017 by Chris Silver Smith
If you’re looking to fix your personal reputation online, optimizing your Twitter account is an invaluable step. Columnist Chris Silver Smith shares SEO tips to help you increase the ranking of your Twitter profile.
- Low-hanging fruit: 5 fast & simple SEO tactics to harvest tons of organic traffic
Aug 7, 2017 by Jeremy Knauff
Do you want to get maximum results with minimal effort? Columnist Jeremy Knauff outlines five simple tactics that can lead to big SEO gains.
- Inside the new Google Search Console at SMX East
Aug 4, 2017 by Chris Sherman
Attend the AMA With Google Search session at SMX East to learn more about the new improvements to the Google Search Console.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- The 4 Ps of SEO & digital marketing
- How to effectively segment accounts with multiple locations
- Affiliate is more than a platform
- Facebook extends dynamic ad retargeting to real estate listings
- Adbrain ups the ante on cross-device identity
- What’s next (and now) for mobile attribution
- Snapchat launches Advanced Mode for its self-serve Ads Manager
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google on Anti-Diversity Manifesto: Employees Must ‘Feel Safe Sharing Their Opinions’, Motherboard
- Manifesto criticizing Google’s diversity initiatives on an internal message board circulates within the company, provoking derision and some support (Louise Matsakis/Motherboard), Techmeme
Local & Maps
- Apple Maps transit coverage grows in Australia, may be coming soon to Ireland, appleinsider.com
- Back to school doesn’t have to mean back to traffic, Google Blog
- Google Testing Ad Tag Placement in Google Local Packs, The SEM Post
- Google Says Disavowing A Site Won’t Hurt The Site, Search Engine Roundtable
- 5 Ways to Accidentally Hurt E-commerce Search Engine Rankings, Search Engine Journal
- 3 Ways a Solid Social Media Program Can Increase SEO Rank in 2017, Search Engine Journal
- 5 Reasons Chasing SEO Keyword Ranking is a Fool’s Errand, 3Q Digital
- A Beginner’s Guide to SEO in a Machine Learning World, Search Engine Journal
- Google Rendering & Debugging Docs Updated, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Shadow DOMs Should Work Fine, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Testing Topics For Search Refinements, Search Engine Roundtable
- On-Page Boot Camp: How To Win The Featured Snippet, SEM Rush
- Overcoming Corporate Roadblocks for Enterprise SEO Efficacy, Moz
- Release of the New Google Image Badge: How it Can Help You Drive Quality Traffic, BrightEdge SEO Blog
- Take Control of Content Changes Across Your Site, BrightEdge SEO Blog
SEM / Paid Search
- 6 Things That Will Save Your Underperforming AdWords Campaign, Search Engine Journal
- A PPC Checklist For Beginners, PPC Hero
- How to Outpace Your PPC Rivals with Competitor Insights, PPC Hero
The post SearchCap: AdWords optimization, SEO on Twitter & organic traffic appeared first on Search Engine Land.